Mac and cheese is a beloved comfort food that is liked by people of any ages. It’s luscious, cheesy, and merely tasty. But suppose we put a spin on this classic meal by making it with rice instead of pasta? This rice mac and cheese recipe is a wonderful variation that makes sure to satisfy your taste buds. Let’s dive in and uncover how to make this mouthwatering meal.
2 cups prepared rice (white or brownish)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over tool warmth. As soon as thawed, mix in the flour and chef for 1 minute till the mixture turns somewhat golden.
2. Gradually gather the milk while whisking constantly to avoid swellings. Prepare for 2-3 mins until the blend thickens.
3. Include the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well to incorporate.
4. Decrease the warm to reduced and slowly add the shredded cheddar cheese, stirring up until melted and smooth.
5. Add the cooked rice to celebrity sauce and stir until well coated. Prepare for an extra 2-3 minutes to enable the flavors to combine with each other.
6. Eliminate from warm and let it rest for a couple of mins to enlarge prior to serving.
This rice mac and cheese can be acted as a main dish or as a savory side. It sets well with a crisp eco-friendly salad or some baked veggies. Feel free to obtain imaginative and include some prepared bacon, diced tomatoes, or chopped spinach for added taste and nourishment.
So, the following time you’re yearning mac and cheese, offer this rice variation a try. It’s a fascinating spin on a traditional fave that will certainly become a new family favorite. Take pleasure in!